Where To Place Home Security Cameras In Huntsville?
Where are the most effective locations to place your home security cameras in Huntsville? Generally, you should consider three major regions of your residence for video protection: your front door, the exterior space around your home, and select interior spaces. While your installation team is able to advise where you should begin, here are some helpful tips on where to place your home security cameras throughout your property.
Always Protect Your Front Entryway
Even though it may seem crazy that a criminal would make an effort to simply enter through your home’s main entryway, 34% of break-ins occur at the front door. There are also porch pirates among other threats to think about. Doorbell surveillance is ideal to handle all of these worries with an HD, wide angle lens.
Doorbell cameras are nice as you have the ability to converse with all guests who approach and ring the bell. Through your mobile application, like ADT Control, you can reply to every ring with 2-way talk and real-time footage and look like you’re home. Then if a person begins doing something questionable, you are able to have your video surveillance instantly record a clip and send it to your smartphone via a text notification.
Cover The Most Area With Your External Video Surveillance
Determining where to place home security cameras on the exterior of your home is a more challenging assignment. Thankfully, there are a few beneficial tips to help ensure you’re well protected.
- Cameras at the corners of your Huntsville house provide a large sightline, seeing two sections of your property.
- Position underneath an overhanging eave or straight into a length of siding or exterior trim are perfect spots for cameras as they will be partly hidden by blending into your gutterline.
- Over your garage, because the garage door is an easier access point for invaders than you may know!
- Over a deck or rear door -- or any entrance not in clear view from the road.
To make sure these locations are successful, be sure to prune any brush and branches that may block the camera’s view.
Suggestions To Enjoy The Highest Level of Performance From Your In-Home Video Equipment
You have more options on where to place home security cameras within your residence in Huntsville. However, the added versatility does mean there are more factors to contemplate:
- Windows and Sunlight: Even though you should ensure your windows are closed and locked, the sunshine from a window can cast a glare on your video recording. Point the lens away from direct sunlight to circumvent this issue.
- Utilize Height: Just like an observation deck, a video camera positioned in a higher spot will have a wider field of vision. You might situate your cameras on top of bookcases or affixed to a corner or ceiling.
- Keep Out of Reach: Your video equipment won’t be able to protect you if anything happens to it. Set your indoor units in locations where kids and your furry friends aren’t able to mess with them. Consider mounting or another means of securing them to make sure they won’t wobble if mistakenly jostled.
- Use Plants and Decor to Your Advantage: The top video camera won’t do much good if there is a decorative item or plant obstructing the field of vision. But it’s important to note, interior decor and plant life can also serve as a means to cloak your recording devices. Just ensure they don’t obscure the lens!
Secure24 Alarm Systems Knows Where To Place Your Home Security Cameras
For expert installation of your home security cameras and other security equipment, turn to the professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Let us customize the perfect system for your whole house -- safeguarding all areas. Dial (256) 240-0573 or submit the form below to start your project.