What do you want in a baby monitor in Huntsville?
In years past, a baby monitor was quite basic. You put a microphone-type device on a table next to the sleeping area, transmitting sound to a walkie-talkie-looking receiver. However, baby monitors now offer many more features. To illustrate, many monitors now have HD video and two-way talk. You may even hook many monitors to Wi-Fi so you can move around all over the house. The leading baby monitors in Huntsville are so advanced that they are similar to interior surveillance systems in both capabilities and price.
Should you swap out a baby monitor for an indoor security camera?
Since baby monitors and indoor security cameras incorporate comparable functionality, there are many people in Huntsville linking their nursery to their comprehensive home security package. This approach is beneficial -- especially when using to a Vivint smart home -- as your baby monitor now has:
● HD video with low-light capability: Your surveillance system should include 1080p high-definition imaging, and infrared functionality for night vision.
● Two-direction audio: You won’t always have to go inside the bedroom to quiet your child back to a gentle slumber. Your reassuring words may be all you need to keep your little one asleep.
● Motion sensors: Even though it’s an option to have your camera stay on constantly to carefully watch your newborn, your own alertness may start to lag. But if your video surveillance identifies unusual activity, you can configure it to deliver a text alert to your mobile device. Perfect when your adventurous newborn silently tries to climb out of the crib or if your curious cat noses into the nursery.
● Save and send recordings: Many baby monitors don’t record portions of video. You can now deliver a 20-second clip to a relative or family friend to allow them a glimpse of what a beautiful sleeping baby you have.
● Smartphone access: As an alternative to lugging a separate device around, you can watch from your smart home mobile app. You might even say hello to your tot and babysitter if you’re lucky enough to have a night out.